8 Things You Might Not Know About The Pestana Silves Golf Course
Pestana Silves is a true pleasure to explore in Algarve
Silves Golf is on among the five courses of Pestana Golf Resort of Algarve. This beautiful course was opened in 2006. The course consists of many captivating features which are famous among its regular visitors as well as tourist golfers. Let us go through some of the features of Pestana Silves Golf Course:
- The course is a par 72, 18 hole course, which is spread over 5600 meters. The Monchique Mountains in the backdrop of the place offer a beautiful view round the year.
- The greens of Pestana Silves are very well manicured to provide a great joy to the golfers while playing. There is a wide range of various trees and plants, which also serve as obstacles to play golf. Golfers of all handicaps can play here comfortably because the course is designed to provide challenges to all kinds of golfers. If you are a low handicap golfer, you will have to think hard to come on par. If you are a high handicap player, you will enjoy your round with concentration.
- You will also find a fully equipped pro-golfer shop, which features products from high end brands like Slazenger Golf and Wilson Golf. You will find all material related to your game within your budget as well.
- A beautiful clubhouse with a restaurant and a bar is also there to serve its golfer guests after they return from the rounds of golf. You will find changing facilities here as well.
- You can book tee times throughout the day whenever you like. The weather in Algarve allows you to enjoy golf round the year. Pestana Golf Resort extends all its facilities to the golfers in the course also so that you do not feel the dearth of anything while playing and afterwards.
- Silves is such a serene place that you can enjoy a calm and relaxing walk in its park. The opening hole engages with water hazards too. Most of the holes give you spectacular views of the mountains, which overlook olive groves and palm trees. There are citrus and cork farms surrounding the area which give you a feeling of a pure Portuguese golf.
- Silves Golf course consists of six par-3 holes. Two holes have a length of 136 meters and 201 meters and the remaining four holes can be covered in par 5 with a length of 461 meters. The bunkers are strategically placed and the contoured greens also give a challenging layout.
- Carvoeiro is a coastal town only a few miles away, which offers you a beautifully authentic experience of Portugal. You will find charming restaurants and various markets which keep you pleasantly busy during your visit.