What The Pros Think Of The Gramacho Golf Course
The ideal destination for a golf holiday
Ronald Fream, the architect of the Vale de Pinta golf course, collaborated with Nick Price (a popular golf player) to design the unique layout of the Gramacho golf course. The 27-par golf course comprises of 18 holes and several tee points that offer different challenges to all levels of players.
The golf green enjoys the ambience of the other golf courses surrounding it such as the Alto Golf, Palmares, Alamos, Morgado, vale de Milho, and Penina golf courses.
Beating the challenge of the Gramacho golf course
- The first hole is at a perfect distance to hit a short tee shot using an iron club. The 5-par sixth hole challenges a golfer with undulating fairways obstructed by a tree. You must drive the golf ball in a way that it can cross the tree. Otherwise, you must aim to make the ball land just short of the left side of the target, so that you can approach the greens in the next shot.
- The 12th hole needs a different approach because you have to hit the shot based on your instincts only. You cannot apply any calculations on it. Moreover, you need to hit a long uphill shot.
- The final four holes in the golf course do not offer much challenge if you have practices your golfing skills well.
- The penultimate shot is aimed to land the ball at the narrow fairway, because it is a short distance to reach par-4.
- The 16th hole is tricky and you must play a perfect straight drive to avoid the bushes and the sand hazards. The final hole poses a tough challenge. You must hit a strong tee shot directing the ball to travel upwards on the hillside of the fairway and even avoid the bunkers.
The golf course at Gramacho has a clubhouse within its premises that offers a wide variety of facilities such as easy transfer, golf clubs on hire as well as the buggy rental service. The clubhouse is visible form the final hole of the golf green.
The golf resort has an efficient team that looks after the guests. You can visit the Pro Shop to buy products manufactured by international brands. You may visit the buggy bar if you want to hire a buggy service up to the golf course.
Restaurant and Bar
A bar and restaurant is located in the clubhouse offering a spectacular view of the natural beauty with the Monchique Mountains in the background. The restaurant and bar serves different International cuisines at all meals. The menu is an excellent combination of traditional Portuguese as well as foreign dishes, diabetic meals, vegetarian dishes, etc that will make your tummy happy.